Percentages

In Starbucks on Wednesday I saw a poster:

“Made with 3% of the world’s best coffee.”

I started thinking about this statement and realized I didn’t even know what it meant.  Is 3% of the world’s best coffee only given to Starbucks?  Where does the rest of the world’s best coffee go?  How do they decide what is the “world’s best”?  Or is only 3% of their coffee made up of the world’s best?  What is the other 97%?  Crappy coffee?

Marketing is not supposed to make you think.  I think Don Draper said that.

-Sara

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under Soap Box Saturday

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s