The Texas State Fair started up this weekend and the only thing that really means to people here is fried foods. Here are a couple of things to to look forward to this year (a more comprehensive list can be found here).
- Deep fried jambalaya – I can guarantee you my father will be trying this when they come to visit. I can also guarantee you he’ll be knocking back antacid afterwards.
- Fried picnic on a stick – This is just stupid. It has fried chicken, tater tots, and a dill pickle in one bite. No thanks.
- Deep fried chocolate tres leches cake – Yes please.
- Fried mac and cheese sliders – I was behind this until the word sliders. Stop trying to make mac and cheese something it isn’t!
- Fried cow patty – It doesn’t even matter what this is. When you call it a cow patty I stop listening.
- Fried sugar – We are running out of things to fry. It’s coming down to single components you find in a grocery store. Other ideas : fried maple syrup, fried cream cheese, fried spaghetti sauce, fried broccoli, fried coconut milk. These ideas are all copyrighted – there is no way you could have come up with them on your own by walking down the grocery store aisles.
- Deep fried chicken and waffle – The Atlantian (Atlantan?) in me likes this a lot.
- Cup of trash – Why?