Our CSA has been overloaded with sweet potatoes for the past two months. I’ve found a lot of different recipes to use them up and this one is currently our favorite.
Sweet Potato Burritos with Avocado Salsa Verde
adapted from Cookie and Kate
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- sea salt and black pepper
- several sweet peppers, sliced into thin rings
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup of salsa verde (we like hot tomatillo White Girl Salsa)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees. Toss the sweet potatoes with 1 Tbsp olive oil and the spices. Place into a pan and put in the oven for 25 minutes, or until tender.
- Sauté the peppers over medium heat in some olive oil until soft.
- Assemble the burritos by placing sweet potatoes, peppers, beans, and cheese in the tortillas and rolling them up. Place them all into a pan and put back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- While the burritos are cooking place the avocado, salsa, garlic, lime juice, and cilantro in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Add a Tbsp of water at a time until it is a spreadable consistency (it usually only takes me one Tbsp).
- Place the burritos on your plates and cover with the avocado salsa verde.